I’m not gonna lie, I’m replacing the lyrics to ABBA’s “Dancing Queen” with “cooking queen” in my head…
- 1/2 pound of ground chorizo
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped, about 1 cup yield
- 6 large eggs. I use cage free brown eggs because I like them better, but any eggs will do the trick.
- 4 oz pepperjack cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a frying pan, brown the chorizo.
- Once the chorizo is browned, drain away the fat, then add the zucchini and cook until tender. This only takes a couple of minutes, so keep a close watch!
- While the zucchini is cooking, whisk together the eggs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the eggs over the chorizo/zucchini mixture, then stir lightly to mix. Let sit until the edges of the eggs set (when the eggs start to look a little dry around the edge of the pan).
- Top the fritatta with the cheese, then stick the whole frying pan in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
You can eat it straight out of the oven, or let it cool, then slide it onto some tinfoil to wrap up for later. If you don’t have access to ground chorizo, ground sausage would taste great in this, too. I typically cut my fritattas to serve six, but it’s up to you how much or how little you want in a serving.
Because you are the cooking queen, young and sweet…